[Xorg-driver-geode] GX by natsemi/cyrix on WYSE

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Mon Oct 4 15:14:48 PDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:37 AM, scott lorberbaum <ugascottl at gmail.com> wrote:
> here is the output of lspci -v
>
> you are right we have the 5530.........so is there any way to run an old
> driver or older version of X or anything to that extent?

More to the point, you have the original 5530, which would suggest a
Cyrix GX as the CPU (easily confirmed by the output of "cat
/proc/cpuinfo") rather than one of the newer NSC or AMD hybrids.

On Ubuntu/Lucid, you'd be running the VESA driver instead of the Cyrix
or NSC drivers. It's a bit slower than native support, but it at least
works cleanly on recent X versions.

Martin-Éric