[Xorg-driver-geode] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-geode 2.11.9

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Mon Aug 23 01:00:49 PDT 2010

(please note that xorg-announce should not be used for discussion)

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Huang, FrankR <FrankR.Huang at amd.com> wrote:
> Glad to see the release of the new driver for geode.
> Thanks for all guys working together here to let geode platform back to users' sight. Appreciate Martin-Éric's work for the new driver release.
> Our next step should initiate a TODO list as Martin suggest for the next step's work. As far as I know, some issue below that need to be solved in the next version release.
>        * Rotation issue Mart reports recently. When doing inverted rotation, then back under Ubuntu, some glyphs misrender and some icons miss.
>        * Screen resolution support in xorg.conf. Need do correct Modeline filter in xorg.conf for more screen resolution support
>        * Render performance. Based on the correct fix on some misrendering work, we need to check some bottleneck that leads to low performance , then improved that.
>        * X server 1.9 new test on geode.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

I would add to this list:

* Rename all GX components to GX2 in prevision for the upcoming import
of GX1 support.
* Fix the GX2 component's EXA support and restore EXA as the default
acceleration mode for GX2.
* Change all the Xfree, Xcalloc, Xmalloc calls to use the standard C
equivalents (reason: being obsoleted starting with X server 1.9).
* Import recent Cimmaron and Durango improvements from AMD's Windows driver.
* Fix all remaining issues found on the Free Desktop Bugzilla.
* Fix all remaining issues found on distribution-specific bug trackers
(e.g. Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Ubuntu).

If we manage to do all the above, it would already constitute a very
good 2.11.10 release.

Martin-Éric