[Xorg-driver-geode] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-geode 2.11.9

Huang, FrankR FrankR.Huang at amd.com
Sun Aug 22 23:19:02 PDT 2010

Glad to see the release of the new driver for geode.
Thanks for all guys working together here to let geode platform back to users' sight. Appreciate Martin-Éric's work for the new driver release.
Our next step should initiate a TODO list as Martin suggest for the next step's work. As far as I know, some issue below that need to be solved in the next version release.
	* Rotation issue Mart reports recently. When doing inverted rotation, then back under Ubuntu, some glyphs misrender and some icons miss.
	* Screen resolution support in xorg.conf. Need do correct Modeline filter in xorg.conf for more screen resolution support
	* Render performance. Based on the correct fix on some misrendering work, we need to check some bottleneck that leads to low performance , then improved that.
	* X server 1.9 new test on geode.

Thanks,
Frank