[Xorg-driver-geode] Geode driver on Debian/stable

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Mon Jun 16 16:31:51 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Kushal Koolwal
<kushalkoolwal at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone has a backport for the Geode LX Xorg driver
> (xserver-xorg-video-geode) for Debian Stable (etch/4.0). The package in
> Debian testing xserver-xorg-video-geode won't install on stable because of
> unmet dependencies.
>
> Last time somebody on this mailing list (old one) pointed me to
> http://www.linutop.com/linutop2/index.en.html to fetch the package
> recompiled against the etch dependencies. But it seems that the page has
> moved from there.
>
> Will it be OK to change the debian/control file in the current testing
> (xserver-xorg-video-geode) so that it can be compiled and install on Debian
> etch?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kushal Koolwal

I have thought about uploading a backport for Etch, but since Lenny is
already partially frozen and scheduled to release in September, I'm
wondering if maintaining an Etch backport would be worth it. Still, if
enough people request it, I could give it a shot.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi