[Xorg-driver-geode] xf86-video-geode update

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Tue Aug 19 02:28:26 PDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Yair Poleg <yoyo at i-buy.co.il> wrote:
> I'm having trouble compiling the randr12 branch.
> I'm running a fully updated Xubuntu 8.0.4 with the all the required packages
> (that I'm aware of..) to build the driver, but still I get the following
> error:
>
> In file included from lx_driver.c:40:
> /usr/include/xorg/xf86Crtc.h:697: error: expected declaration specifiers or
> "..." before "I2CBusPtr".
>
> I've attached the complete build log. What am I missing?

Unless I'm mistaken, this branch requires X server 1.4.99 or newer to
build. On Ubuntu, this would mean Intrepid.

AFAIK Jordan's plan is to develop for 1.5 in the 2.12 branch and
eventually backport his work for 1.3/1.4 to the 2.10 branch.

Building against X server older than 1.3 is no longer possible,
because of the reliance on the common DCC library that was introduced
with the 2.9.0 release.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi