[Xorg-driver-geode] xf86-video-geode update

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Aug 19 07:37:05 PDT 2008

On 19/08/08 12:28 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM, Yair Poleg <yoyo at i-buy.co.il> wrote:
> > I'm having trouble compiling the randr12 branch.
> > I'm running a fully updated Xubuntu 8.0.4 with the all the required packages
> > (that I'm aware of..) to build the driver, but still I get the following
> > error:
> >
> > In file included from lx_driver.c:40:
> > /usr/include/xorg/xf86Crtc.h:697: error: expected declaration specifiers or
> > "..." before "I2CBusPtr".
> >
> > I've attached the complete build log. What am I missing?
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, this branch requires X server 1.4.99 or newer to
> build. On Ubuntu, this would mean Intrepid.

Yes, I should have mentioned this.  To get all of the benefits of the
new branch, you are going to need to run with at least 1.4.99.906 which
has some critical bug fixes for the mode scaling code.  I think the code
should mostly compile for 1.4, but there might be a few gotchas.

> AFAIK Jordan's plan is to develop for 1.5 in the 2.12 branch and
> eventually backport his work for 1.3/1.4 to the 2.10 branch.

Actually we will probably just use #ifdefs in 2.12 unless it gets
just too messy.

Jordan

> --
> Martin-Éric Racine