[Xorg-driver-geode] Award BIOS still broken...

Brian Code brian.code at workseverywhere.com
Wed Apr 9 19:50:33 PDT 2008

All,

I've loaded the latest daily build of Hardy (Apr. 9th). I have the
following versions of various software:
xorg-server 2:1.4.1~git20080131-1ubuntu6
xf86-video-geode-2.8.0
AwardBIOS v6.00PG rev ADA07

I've attached the Xorg.log output to this e-mail.

It seems that the VESA VBE DDC detection is failing with this BIOS.

I've tried to read up on the work that both Bart and Martin have done
with the other BIOSes. I'm guessing that the issue lies somewhere in
lands of  int10, VBE, DDC or x86emu. I'll be sitting down and
debugging the Xorg server parts tomorrow.

Any of you have any hints? I'll also be on freenode.net as bricode.