[Xorg-driver-geode] Questions for FreeBSD build.

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Thu Dec 20 00:58:54 PST 2007

On 12/20/07, Larry Maloney <larrypatrickmaloney at yahoo.com> wrote:
> #1) In the ports collection for FreeBSD  there is an existing
> xf86-video-nsc driver.  I believe this is the National Semiconductor
> Video driver.
>
>     a.) Will this driver work with the GEODE video?

That one is for an older Geode generation. It will not work on a GX/LX.

> #2.) The AMD Geode drivers have a file called z4l.c  This file appears
> to be for Video For Linux.  If I were to omit this file from the build
> enviornment would the drivers work?

Yes, it would. This is a separate driver. xf86-video-amd contains two
modules: amd is for standard video display while z4l is for Video for
Linux. Anyhow, z4l is currently broken on Linux too. It can be safely
omitted.

> #4.) Regarding VESA, and my no-op error.  I did have VESA removed from
> my kernel, and I'm not adding that with debugging.  However I did load
> VESA as a kernel module and still had the same problem.

Probably related to the VBE probing issues we are experiencing on
Linux when building against X core 1.3 and up.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi