[Xorg-driver-geode] Questions for FreeBSD build.

Larry Maloney larrypatrickmaloney at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 19 18:33:57 PST 2007

Jordan,

OK, I have a batch of questions.

#1) In the ports collection for FreeBSD  there is an existing
xf86-video-nsc driver.  I believe this is the National Semiconductor
Video driver.

    a.) Will this driver work with the GEODE video?
    b.) If not, would this be the best driver make/config to start with.

#2.) The AMD Geode drivers have a file called z4l.c  This file appears
to be for Video For Linux.  If I were to omit this file from the build
enviornment
       would the drivers work?  (Granted Video for Linux would be disabled)

#3.) I can get stock VGA drivers to run, however, the VGA driver
believes that there is only 64K ram of video on the card. I doubled
checked the BIOS and it's set to 16MB.

        One possible problem might be that I disabled EISA in my kernel
build.  I will turn that back on.  Any other ideas why only 64KB is seen
by the VGA driver?

#4.) Regarding VESA, and my no-op error.  I did have VESA removed from
my kernel, and I'm not adding that with debugging.  However I did load
VESA as a kernel module
       and still had the same problem.  (This is more of a comment and
not a question)

Larry

--
Larry P. Maloney