Radeon HD 5450 on PowerMac G5

Stephane Louise stephane.r.louise at gmail.com
Sun May 27 14:08:08 PDT 2012

Hi,

2012/5/1 Alex Deucher <alexdeucher at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Stephane Louise
> <stephane.r.louise at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Which version of kernel would you suggest?
>
> 3.1 or 3.3 or 3.4 maybe?  With a new enough kernel (3.4 I think), you
> can try the hw i2c controllers rather than the bit-banging bus; just
> load radeon with the parameter hw_i2c=1.

For memory, the 3.1 kernel was installed before and didn't work.
I finally compiled and installed a 3.4 kernel, and this time, it
doesn't even detect when a new screen is plugged in.

AFAIKS, the issue with the driver so far is that it is unable to
detect screens either because it calculate a false CRC with the
plugged screen (kernel 3.2 behavior), or simply can't find any screen
attached to a port (3.1 and 3.4 kernel behavior).

Attached dmesg for the 3.4 kernel.

Best regards,

Stéphane Louise