[OFF-TOPIC] What's the current status of DRM/KMS device node splitting and single-GPU multiseat support?

Laércio de Sousa laerciosousa at sme-mogidascruzes.sp.gov.br
Tue Apr 7 05:17:00 PDT 2015

Hi there!

Some time ago I've read in David Herrmann's blog about DRM/KMS device node
splitting project, and now I realised that render node splitting is already
merged into kernel and enabled by default since release 3.17, which is
going to be included in major distros' next releases.

I suppose it's still not sufficient to have finally several Xorg servers
running on different outputs of a same graphics card (needed for full
single-GPU multiseat), right? What's still lacking?

Thanks in advance!
--
*Laércio de Sousa*
*Orientador de Informática*