[RFC] server-private and public header separation

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Mar 23 09:23:36 PDT 2012

<#part sign=pgpmime>
On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 18:30:30 +1000, Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net> wrote:

> Good point, but that would only get us half-way. We currently export
> things like the GrabRec as well, just because they are in the same
> header. These could be moved into a private header. For other structs
> like the DeviceIntRec, we want only parts to be exposed to the driver so
> we either need the private structs, opaque structs + API or conditional
> compilation.

So we need a DeviceIntIntRec that includes DeviceIntRec? Or should we
move a bunch of the stuff that is currently in DeviceIntRec over to
DeviceRec? Neither of those options sounds like much fun at all, the
former would preserve existing API compatibility, albeit with a comedic
naming effect (DeviceIntNoSeriouslyNotPublicRec...)

keith.packard at intel.com