[RFC] server-private and public header separation

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Fri Mar 23 01:30:30 PDT 2012

On 23/03/12 16:37 , Keith Packard wrote:
> <#part sign=pgpmime>
> On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 14:25:44 +1000, Peter Hutterer<peter.hutterer at who-t.net>  wrote:
>
>> Is that something we want?
>
> Should we should be splitting the files apart instead?

Good point, but that would only get us half-way. We currently export
things like the GrabRec as well, just because they are in the same
header. These could be moved into a private header. For other structs
like the DeviceIntRec, we want only parts to be exposed to the driver so
we either need the private structs, opaque structs + API or conditional
compilation.

Cheers,
   Peter