BuildingX script from the Wiki

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sat May 22 13:48:31 PDT 2010

grarpamp wrote:
> 3) I don't see any Bash-ism's in this script, so should it not use
> plain old '#!/bin/sh' ?

CONCURRENCY_LEVEL=$(( $CPU_CORES + 1 )) isn't compatible with /bin/sh
on some Unix'es (like Solaris 10 and older) - though given the reliance
on /proc/cpuinfo in that script, it's not necessarily portable anyway.

> 6) Regarding building xorg, is this script considered to be:
>  a) up to date
>  b) canonical
>  c) the preferred one-shot way

I don't know about a - it's not either of b or c, though nothing else is
either, as we don't have a single, canonical/preferred method.
(Personally I use the build.sh script in util/modular, but that's more
 habit from doing this since before the others were written, than a
 evaluation that it's the best way.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com