xdm <-> xdmcp

Gaetan Nadon memsize at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 20 11:47:16 PST 2010

On Mon, 2010-12-20 at 08:56 -0500, Adam Jackson wrote:

> The ones I pushed hadn't been nacked, I didn't think?  Regardless,
> yeah,
> revert.

Correct. A number of similar patches were posted within a 6 day period
with various reviewers responding to various patches. That leaves one
patch for which I posted a revert and would appreciate a review.
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2010-December/017299.html

My main concern is introducing 2 ways of exporting/hiding symbols that
are far apart (Makefile and source code). It's just error prone. Other
libraries use _X_EXPORT and _X_HIDDEN and we should stick to this
method, even if a "one liner in the makefile" appears to be a short term
gain.

Thanks

Gaetan