Nomination branch policy clarification

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Mon Oct 5 11:52:26 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 20:15 -0700, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> From the discussions, I assume this is the ideal path a patch should
> take to get into a 1.7.x release:
>
> commit to feature branch "apple"
> merge "apple" to "master"
> cherry pick fix from master into server-1.7-nominations branch
> merge server-1.7-nominations branch into server-1.7-branch

My mental model was more like:

commit to apple (tracks master)
cherry-pick to apple-1.7 (tracks xserver-1.7-branch)

And then the treemeisters for master and xserver-1.7 would merge from
those.  Does require a little more diligence from the stable branch
maintainers to not merge things not already in master.

- ajax