Please revert Xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Mar 27 18:42:30 PDT 2009

David Miller wrote:
> From: Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>
> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:30:44 -0400
>

>> David Miller wrote:
>>
>>> I have more than once accidently hit those keys and lost all of my
>>> work.
>>>
>> User training required.
>>

> I've been using an X desktop for more than 15 years.
>
> Unfortunately I have not been given perfect fingers.

And how does this at all justify thrusting a huge unneeded change on the
overall Linux community? In over thirty years of working with *nix
systems, never once has a user complained that Ctrl-Alt-Backspace has
caused them any problems. It's one thing to make a change in response to
a documented need, and it's quite another to let some minority group
dictate a change that causes a huge change for the overall majority.
This change is just wrong. It cannot be justified. I see nothing
anywhere on the internet or in the threads calling for such a change.
And if it was a true problem you would find references to it.

Regards,
Gerry