Top-most windows

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Wed Jan 11 12:03:41 PST 2006

Keith Packard wrote On 01/10/06 17:08,:
> On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 09:37 -0800, Deron Johnson wrote:
>

> I would assume that DID preparation would not paint areas represented by
> ManualRedirect windows.

My experiments demonstrate that DID preparation does indeed happen.
Specifically, it is called when miMoveWindow and miSlideAndSizeWindow
call the DDX HandleExposures routine, and it also happens when
miSlideAndSizeWindow calls the DDX ValidateTree routine. It also
happens during PaintWindowBackground and PaintWindowBorder, which get
called even when the window is called with manual composite redirection.

> When I've done this kind of thing in the past,
> I've used PaintWindowBackground to indicate DID painting; as
> PaintWindowBackground won't get called, there should be no DID painting.

Well, it's getting called in my case.