XKBCONFIG extension: RFP?

Sat Apr 23 08:47:35 PDT 2005

Sergey Udaltsov wrote:
> their usage. Actually, it is separate question - what GNOME would do
> if he does not find XKBCONFIG extension on the server... So noone

BTW, when I said "extend the XKB extension", I was thinking in terms
of adding new functions & protocol to XKB and calling it version 1.1
(or whatever the next minor release number is), not adding a new parallel
extension.   I suppose the parallel extension would be easier to change
incompatibily if it was determined to be badly broken in an initial
widespread release though, without breaking every other app that uses
XKB.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com