[XDC2016] - Please submit some feedback

Matthieu Herrb matthieu at herrb.eu
Mon Sep 26 15:21:59 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 03:04:23PM +0200, Daniel Vetter wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Matthieu Herrb <matthieu at herrb.eu> wrote:
> > And may be, if the trend of having many new comers continue, try to
> > organize some new-comer specific session like at IETF or RIPE meetings
> > to help them figure out how things work and let them feel comfortable
> > at the conference.
>
> What do you have in mind here? Just general conference advice in the
> opening session (like "hallway track is the most important part, it's
> totally fine if you miss a session due to chatting with the previous
> presenter"), or something more specific?

Yes something like that, perhaps with a short presentation of a few
people because decrypting labels on each other's shirts doesn't always
work. There could also be a small recap of important tools in use
(the wikis, bugzilla, whatever gets set up after Eric's talks this
year...)

> On the topic of hallway/discussion track: I think compared to earlier
> XDCs we've lost a bit the uncoference part of it with the packed
> presentation track. I think we should look into strenghtening that one
> again with stuff like lightning talks and maybe more formal (well at
> least official) discussion sessions like we have in linux plumbers and
> similar conferences. Ideas and suggestions in this area very much
> welcome.

Agree. BoFs or similar format slots are nice to get more informal
exchanges going.
--
Matthieu Herrb