[XDC2016] - Please submit some feedback

Matthieu Herrb matthieu at herrb.eu
Mon Sep 26 11:38:40 UTC 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 11:42:45AM +0300, Martin Peres wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> If you attended the XDC 2016 in Helsinki or watched the livestream,
> we would appreciate if you could send us your feedback.
>
> As organizers, we do not have the same view at all of the event, and
> since there were so many new comers, we would really love to get
> axes of improvement for next year's XDC!
>
> Please answer to this thread, either in public or private (keep the
> board's email).

Hi,

I really like the relative lightweight (also non formal) organisation of
XDCs. In my experience (as organiser of the 2010 edition in Toulouse)
it doesn't put too much pressure on the people organizing or even
attending the conference.

The venue was great (nice room with wifi and power plugs -- although
nowadays many laptops can survive one day of conference on battery,
coffee and pastries, food places around for lunch, easily accessible
by public transport, space for discussion during breaks...).

I would just have explictely marked breaks in the conference schedule
(the time was there, but we discovered it whenever by computing the
expected end time of talks compared to the start time of the next
one).

And may be, if the trend of having many new comers continue, try to
organize some new-comer specific session like at IETF or RIPE meetings
to help them figure out how things work and let them feel comfortable
at the conference.

Thanks again,
--
Matthieu Herrb