Digitizer support

Russ Bixby bixbyru at gmail.com
Sun May 19 15:39:13 UTC 2024

Hey all -

So "calcomp" is a reserved word under the legacy XFree86 stuff in the x.org
source tree, but the driver seems not to actually exist under any version
of x.org which I can find.

Anyone have any pointers regarding where I might best find a starting point
if I wish to use a real (E size) digitizer for actually digitizing stuff,
rather than using a Wacom tablet like a mouse with a hard pad? I'm happy to
code, but there's no point reinventing the axle; the most recent version of
a driver suitable for my uses would be a great place to start, so I can
update and then fold it into the current version of X.

Thanks!