Does xorg/X11 support Rembrandt [Radeon 680M] from AMD/ATI?

Vladimir Dergachev volodya at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 4 19:26:36 UTC 2024

This depends on the card and the manufacturer. For NVidia, there are
usually close-sourced NVidia drivers and an open source noveau driver that
might take some time to catchup for a newer card.

In contrast, AMD provides full open source drivers, and there is a release
page with a June 2024 release:

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/release-notes/RN-AMDGPU-UNIFIED-LINUX-24-10-3.html

Since you card is around 2 years old, chances are the support is already
in a newer Linux release, thus I suggest you first try the latest Ubuntu
version on a usb stick. If this works this is good news.

Alternatively, try installing AMD drivers from a link above.

best

Vladimir Dergachev