Minimal required library that supports "XGetEventData"

alexandre schenberg ale.schenberg at yandex.com
Wed Jul 27 00:36:21 UTC 2022

Hello. I am currently trying to build the Gtk library. Its configure has a test for "XGetEventData" that failed on my system with the message "configure: error: *** XInput2 extension not found". Looking for references on it on the internet, I got the impression that the Xi library is the one that should have that function on it. So I donwloaded, compiled and installed it. Then I passed it to configure , adding it to the end of LDFLAGS with:

....LDFLAGS="-L/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/xorg/X11-1.0.0/lib/ -L/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/xorg/Xext-1.0.0/lib/ -L/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/xorg/Xi-1.0.0/lib/"....

However, nothing changed. That leads me to believe that are two possibilities: 1) It is not lib Xi that has the function "XGetEventData" on it, or 2)It should be lib Xi, but a newer version.

So based on the above points I ask: Which library is the one that has the required function and which is the minimal required version that I should go after? Thanks for your time.