Location of registries maintained by X Consortium?

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Jul 21 02:10:31 UTC 2022

On 7/20/22 17:28, Patrick Pelletier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been reading the XLFD specification:
>
> https://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.6/doc/xorg-docs/specs/XLFD/xlfd.pdf
>
> In several places, the specification mentions various things that the X
> Consortium maintains a registry of.  (Such as FOUNDRY or CHARSET_REGISTRY.)
>
> Where can I find these registries that are/were maintained by the X Consortium?
> I've done a lot of searching, and haven't found anything either on x.org or
> elsewhere.  At the moment, I'm most interested in finding out the possible
> values that CHARSET_REGISTRY can have.

The X Consortium ceased to exist in 1996.  The X.Org Foundation is the current
maintainer of the registries, though it has been many years since any new
entries were added.  (We probably should actually add some for the more recent
extensions, like Composite, Damage, RandR, & DRI, but no one has bothered
yet. I don't even know where mail sent to xregistry at x.org goes these days.)

You can find the current Registry list at:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/doc/xorg-docs/-/blob/master/registry

         -Alan Coopersmith-                 alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
          Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/solaris