2 yo hp monitor, old dell, no video

gene heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Aug 16 23:08:08 UTC 2022

Greetings folks;

I bought two of these monitors around 20 months back when they were on
sale at Staples. This one works great
on a newer ASUS mb & debian bullseye. 1920x1080, no xorg.conf.

The 6 or 8 yo AOC 1366x768 I've been using on an older dell OptiPlex
7010DT to drive my 3d printers
went black today so I unpacked the other monitor.

This dell has a db15 output with an hdmi plug on the other end of the
cable. Its menu's work, but it
can't find a signal.

Does this dells video need a special driver to hit it with a 1920x1080
signal.
Xorg.0.log from the Dell attached.

Thank you for any insight on this.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.