Feature request, but must be universallly accepted by ALL blanker authors

Dan Arena ddan39 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 20:17:13 UTC 2020

Gene,

Following up more about xfce4, you should be able to go into their
Settings Manager and you can turn off the Screensaver and uncheck
Power Management under the Advanced tab. You will still want to add
the lines I mentioned before into /etc/X11/xorg.conf to prevent the
screen from going blank though.

I also think it would be a useful feature for LinuxCNC to include an
option where it itself can prevent screensavers. This would not be too
hard for them to do, see https://stackoverflow.com/a/31504731/1941627

A friend also just brought up a good point... do these machines not
have a physical emergency stop button? It seems like with them being
as dangerous as you say they are, they should. I know the couple mills
I have seen do.

I would also take this issue up with the LinuxCNC community. Is it
supposed to work like that? Does a new install from the LinuxCNC
"Install DVD" behave the same?

Thanks,
Dan