Feature request, but must be universallly accepted by ALL blanker authors

Dan Arena ddan39 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 19:54:30 UTC 2020

Good afternoon Gene,

I am not sure about xfce, I suspect they do have settings in their GUI
settings manager to adjust what you want, but seeing as this is the
xorg mailing list I will tell you how I do it when running just X with
a simple window manager. This is probably what you want. I put these
lines into my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file on an appliance-like system for
non-linux users. The first two settings DontVTSwitch and DontZap
aren't actually related to "screen blanking", they prevent you from
using ctrl+alt+f1 and ctrl+alt+backspace. You can delete them if you
want.

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "DontVTSwitch" "on"
    Option "DontZap"  "on"
    Option "BlankTime" "0"
    Option "StandbyTime" "0"
    Option "SuspendTime" "0"
    Option "OffTime" "0"
EndSection

Anyways, thanks for the entertaining email.

Happy Friday!

-Dan