Suggestion for Xorg / about middle-mouse click pasting

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Jul 24 16:06:51 UTC 2020

On 7/23/20 1:19 AM, Elie Goldman Smith wrote:
> Solution:
> Middle-mouse pasting would be great as a setting that can be enabled/disabled by 'xset' on the command line.
>
> Please let me know if this would be simple to implement.

It would not be, because it is not a X server behavior.  It is simply
a convention implemented in dozens of toolkits and thousands of
applications, with no centralized control.

All the X server does is tell the client that button 2 was pressed, and
everything after that happens client side.

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc