X.org fails to start with "permission" issues, does not even try loading Intel driver

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 31 05:55:42 UTC 2020

Mikhail Ramendik composed on 2020-01-30 21:04 (UTC):

> I also wonder why modeset is the driver of choice at all, seeing as
> this is an Intel chipset ant the i915 module is loaded.

All my Fedoras on non-ancient Intel GPUs are running on the modesetting DDX. Last
official Intel DDX release was nearly 5 years ago. It's been nothing but gits
since then: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/