Regarding XServer installation for development

uday kiran pichika udaykiran.pichika at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 12:22:35 UTC 2020

Looks like I have got some breakthrough in resolving the issue and launch X
successfully.

When i launched the X previously with the below command on virtual terminal
(Ctrl+Alt+F4), i have got below errors which are not allowed to launch X
# sudo startx -- -loglevel 6

Faced issues while running Xorg on the terminal :

(EE) intel: module ABI major version (24) doesn't match the server's
version (25)

(EE) Failed to load module "intel" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

(EE) fbdev: module ABI major version (24) doesn't match the server's
version (25)

(EE) Failed to load module "fbdev" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

(EE) vesa: module ABI major version (24) doesn't match the server's version
(25)

(EE) Failed to load module "vesa" (module requirement mismatch, 0)

To overcome the  above failures upgraded video-intel, video-fbdev and
video-vesa drivers present in /usr/lib to the latest with the below
procedure.

git clone https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel.git

git clone https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-fbdev.git

git clone https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-vesa.git

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/

make -j32

sudo make install

After this, I can able to launch X now. Hope this help.

Thanks

Uday Kiran