Regarding XServer installation for development

uday kiran pichika udaykiran.pichika at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 15:28:35 UTC 2020

Hello Team,

Myself Uday and am new bee to XOrg development.

As part of development setup, I have followed the below URL for building X
and related X drivers.
https://www.x.org/wiki/Development/BuildingX

After building, i could see the libraries and binaries have been generated
under /opt/gfx-test/ directory.

Now when i execute the below command to check the start of X server with
the below command, am seeing a blank screen and after some time it is
getting closed.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gfx-test/lib
startx -- /opt/gfx-test/bin/Xorg -verbose

There is already an X server running which is installed in /usr/bin/ by
default.  *My goal is to start the XServer from /opt/gfx-test and use the
drivers present under /opt/gfx-test/lib/xorg/modules. *

Can you please help me to understand if any modifications are needed
in-order to pick the path of mine ?

Am running on Ubuntu-18.04.

Thanks in advance
Uday Kiran