Cant set my xkb's xkeymap with xkbcomp

aprekates aprekates at posteo.net
Fri Dec 18 23:04:50 UTC 2020

Sorry my first 'reading on Peter's answer wasnt correct.

I wrote :

<<But as you said setxkbmap -print will show just a mapping from MLVO
options to a Ktcsg include commands.>> But this isnt what Peter said. It
was a false interpretation of mine.

setxkbmap -print  CAN display the current xkeymap (in Ktcsg format ) but only if the change happened from setxkbmap itself.
So Peter says it correct but i think there are more to say, since for example the way those two utilities change xkeymaps differs.