Using Intel GPU "TearFree" option changes my detected screens / edid information

Chris Sorenson csoren at isd.net
Tue Oct 15 23:42:31 UTC 2019

> I tested this on multiple machines and on both Debian 9 and 10 (with
> X11,
> not wayland). Is this a bug, or what is the explanation for this?

Reply to both list an OP.

I did a diff on those two xrandr outputs, there's a lot going on there.
Intel is very wishy-washy about their graphics drivers. First thing to
check would probably be how far off your Debian is compared to what
Intel thinks your system should be using with their drivers (hyperlink):

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/2018q1-intel-graphics-stack-recipe