xorg Digest, Vol 165, Issue 6

Chris Sorenson csoren at isd.net
Tue Apr 9 21:30:36 UTC 2019

> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 15:37:28 +1200
> From: XJDHDR <xjdhdr.pue005 at gmail.com>
> To: xorg at freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: "XKB: Could not invoke xkbcomp" error
>
> Thank you for helping.
>
> I am wondering: Am I supposed to setup /x11-xkb-utils/ in any way? The
> log file does mention that "/This [problem] could be a missing or
> incorrect setup of xkeyboard-config./" Do I need to create one after
> installing or is the installation doing this automatically?
>
> Kind regards
>
> On 2019/04/08 06:25, Samy Mahmoudi wrote:

You should not have to create one, X is supposed to be supplied (by your
distro) with a complete set of internationalized keyboard-config files,
on my system they're installed in /usr/share/locale, you can look for
them on yours by doing something like find /usr/share -name
xkeyboard-config\* - if that finds nothing try find /usr -name
xkeyboard-config\*

What does dmesg | egrep -i keyboard tell you?

Also please post the output of egrep -i keyboard /var/log/Xorg.log.0 and
egrep xkb /var/log/Xorg.log.0 (or wherever your system locates your Xorg
log).