YouTube Video from XDC2018 - Panfrost Lyude Paul & Alyssa Rosenzweig

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Mon Oct 15 15:25:21 UTC 2018

Hi Jodie,

On 14/10/2018 16:08, Jodie Rosenzweig wrote:
> Thank you for posting the video from the XDC2018 presentation of
> Panfrost with presenters Lyude Paul and Alyssa Rosenzweig. Alyssa is my
> 16 year old daughter who learned and shared valuable content at this
> important event. Both Alyssa and Lyude are part of the LGBT community
> with Alyssa identifying as transgender. Unfortunately, there is an
> ignorant or even outright offensive comment left on the YouTube video
> post that we hope you will choose to remove. The comment asks why the
> presenters are dressed as women. Please strongly consider removing this
> comment as it detracts and devalues the purpose of the video.

Thanks for bringing this comment to our attention as it is clearly
against our code of conduct[1].

Fortunately, I already took care of this yesterday (your email got stuck
in moderation) after Alyssa contacted me indirectly. I followed her
suggestion to disable the comment section entirely as nothing of value
would be happening there. More constructive feedback can be sent through
emails, IRC or github (https://github.com/Panfrost).

Thank you again for supporting her and allowing her to come to XDC, she
definitely has a bright future in our community if she wants to.

Best regards,
Martin

[1] https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/CodeOfConduct/