XORG and Dummy driver compatible with Android

Ilya Anfimov ilan at tzirechnoy.com
Mon Nov 19 09:20:17 UTC 2018

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 04:13:00PM +0100, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:
> Please does somebody of us know if there is AN hack, which will allow Me to
> run X11 based apps on Android operating system, which would use XORG as X
> server?
> I have heart, that booting Linux kernel directly from SD cart for example
> from rooted Android device can cause touching display damage if somebody
> will try to run startx command from rooted system, because XORG perhaps uses
> some monitor calibration, which may be can damage touching display on
> Android devices.
> Because I do not see at all, display output quality or usability is not
> important for Me. I only need that communication between app and XORG will
> run at software level.
> Or is it not possible?

 Good day. In a fresh termux, there is an x11-repo package,
that adds a repository https://termux-x11.ml with X tools and libraries.

 There is xorg-server-xvfb package, with the Xvfb binary,
that does exactly what you want.

 (Note: as usual, openssl dependency was forgotten there.
Install and/or upgrade openssl to run it).