Fwd: Fwd: Indirect GLX still broken

Steve Dodd steved424 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:02:21 UTC 2018

On 12 June 2018 at 10:45, Ilya Anfimov <ilan at tzirechnoy.com> wrote:

> The GLX pathway had too many data copy-ing, that process wass

too CPU-based and sycnhronous, also it had some  optimisations

  of  packing  and pipelining drawcalls in one write() syscall, [..]

I was thinking about this .. what happened to the AIGLX pathways that were
originally added in mainly for compositing window managers? Is that all now
done directly using DRI2 for local clients?

Still intrigued by VirtualGL and it's making me try to understand current X
architecture better. I didn't realise quite how complicated it had got.

S.