Xorg shutdown causes Slackware 14.2 to freeze completely

Vitor Barbosa vitorqb at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 22:34:10 UTC 2018

Hello all. I saw this list on (https://www.x.org/wiki/) and I saw I could
send questions to it. I have just installed a Slackware 14.2 in a brand new
intell 13 5378. After install I could run startx with nothing but Slackware
default configuration (no xorg.config), with only a .Xresources to adjust
the screen dpi.

My problem is that even though the x server runs quite smoothly, half of
the time I shut it down it makes the computer to freezes completely and the
system becomes unresponsive to everything. I even trying logging using ssh
from another computer to debug the problem but the computer stops
responding when the problem happens. I was not able to identify this system
freeze on any log.

I tried to configure Xorg using 'X -configure' but it claims that 'the
number of screens found does not match'. I tried using 'xorgsetup' (which
I'm not sure if it comes with slackware or xorg) but the Xorg.config file
generated would cause the startx to crash saying it could not find the
Screen.

I have run out of options. I could find no solution nor any way to shut
down X (and the computer) without causing the system freeze. I'd appreciate
any help.

I'm sending some informative command output attached, since they are too
large to copy here.

Thanks in advance.

--
Vitor Quintanilha Barbosa