forum for Motif, XLib, etc. programming enthusiasts?

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 00:37:31 UTC 2017

I wouldn't have considered Java a few years ago because of its
slowness.  But with ARM machines having the ability to natively run
Java bytecode I have to rethink that.  I still have more Raspberry Pis
than Androids though.

I wrote Java for a year or so about 10 years ago doing some command
line stuff talking to an Oracle database.  The size and complexity
made me think of Ada.

There is an SDR program written with Java Swing: sdrtrunk at
https://github.com/DSheirer/sdrtrunk/releases which isn't bad except
it only does trunking, no conventional radio.

I'm inclined to look into QT next though.