forum for Motif, XLib, etc. programming enthusiasts?

Alan Corey alan01346 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 23:14:15 UTC 2017

Well, OK I can change that.  I mostly meant the free Motif site vs the
paid version if there still is one.  The mainstay of my reference
material is Oreily's vol6a.pdf and vol6b.pdf.  Motif version 1.2 and
X11R5.  My vol6b is dated 2001.  In an age where it's impossible to
have an up to date enough Firefox I'd consider 16 years old to be
retro.

Nothing against newer versions, only spending money on them.  My
Raspbian has Motif 2.3.4-6.  I do Google things and use up to date
stuff when I find it.  There was also a lesstif and open motif, I
don't claim to know the full history.  Interest in it seems to be
dwindling, I'm not sure how serious I am about it.  I want a fast
drawing surface for doing SDR plus some widgets for buttons and
frequency readout.  I want to add a configuration panel with maybe a
dozen items, some edit/combo boxes for setting paths.  Otherwise I'd
do strictly framebuffer graphics.  I don't want a graphics library.  I
don't care much about fonts, icons, color schemes.

Yes, in a production environment I used Borland Delphi 3 up until I
retired in 2008.  It didn't matter that it was old, it was familiar.
We had 1 educational copy that somebody bought when it was $99 and we
used it for years in a university environment for in house stuff.

So the "unofficial not quite up to date Motif page"?  Cumbersome name.
So far I've banged out a quick 50 lines of HTML as a placeholder and
set up a free account on 1apps.  I still haven't submitted a support
ticket on how to enable phpBB.  Everything's up in the air.