dickey at his.com
Thu Jun 1 09:09:45 UTC 2017
Patch #328 - 2017/06/01
* revise parser for charClass resource, making these improvements:
+ accept octal and hexadecimal values
+ allow embedded whitespace
+ allow the class after colon to be optional, e.g., to clear
class settings for a range of characters.
* add command-line option -report-charclass.
* fix most lintian warnings about test-package
* add eraseSavedLines resource.
* document DECSED 3 in ctlseqs.ms (report by Ben Longmans).
* improve integration between configure-events and updates for
reported screensize, in particular when switching between vt100 and
* modify selection-highlighting of reverse-video text to keep that
distinct, e.g., by reversing the selection foreground and
background colors as one would expect. This fixes a "useless" case
in the description of highlightColorMode.
* improve fix for Debian #759734, addressing a case where non-colored
cursor would be invisible against reverse-video (see patch #311).
* updates for ReGIS (Ross Combs):
+ the "H" option of the "T" command should multiply by 10, not
+ display unknown glyphs as a solid block.
+ given a succession of text-direction options, use the last.
+ fix the direction of ReGIS slanted text so that negative
values produce oblique output .
+ fix the ReGIS text direction option to only rotate characters
when no following size option is used.
* update terminfo to better match corresponding entries in ncurses,
e.g., u8 pattern to match the VT220, VT420, etc., primary
responses, as well as adding smxx and rmxx.
* fixes from Jörg Sommer:
+ corrected a trace-message regarding maximum graphics-size; it
used the similar ReGIS maximum size which might not be
+ in do_select_regex, clear selection if there is no match. If
the regex does not match anything around the cursor, the
selection returned must be empty, otherwise the whole line is
treated as a match. This way the command defined by
exec-selectable will not be executed if there is no match.
+ modify limit in do_select_regex to include the character at
the cursor in the match, making it easier to type something
and then hit the key to trigger exec-selectable.
+ If exec-selectable or insert-selection is triggered by a mouse
button click, the position of the mouse pointer should be
used. This makes it easier to address any position on the
window and it makes it possible to use the mouse, e.g., for
applications such as mutt where you cannot move the cursor.
* modify DECRC to save/restore xterm's last-column flag used to
control wrapping behavior rather than manipulating DECAWM
(report/analysis by Mattias Engdegård).
* add configure option --enable-terminfo-env to use the value set by
--with-own-terminfo for the $TERMINFO environment variable. That
variable was set automatically for HPUX, but would be useful in
other systems, e.g., for Solaris (request by Jeff Wieland).
* fix a race condition when setting up a signal handler to timeout if
opening /dev/tty hangs (patch by Tobias Stoeckmann).
* review/cleanup resources which were not in the manual page (report
by Maxwell Anselm):
+ add manual page description as needed.
+ drop resource name for menuBar, as unnecessary.
+ modify fallback numeric value for regisScreenSize resource to
match that for maxGraphicSize.
* updated configure macros CF_ADD_CFLAGS, CF_CC_ENV_FLAGS,
CF_GNU_SOURCE, CF_MATH_LIB, and CF_XOPEN_SOURCE from other
* update config.guess, config.sub
* change “maximum screensize” assumed by resize to 9999x9999, to
accommodate people using the Unreadable font.
* drop Utility from default value of --with-desktop-category (Debian
* widen the configure script pattern used for finding related
".desktop" files, including “Terminal”
* several minor improvements to font utility functions:
+ provide for later modification to implement font-sets by
parsing the font resources as comma-separated lists.
+ parse -fn and -fa similarly, using “x:” and “xft:” prefixes
for font name/family strings to distinguish between XLFD and
Xft font specifications.
+ use loops to iterate over font classes
+ use getters/setters for font data to allow for on-demand
+ make the debugging trace for missing glyph less verbose since
that interferes with the -report-fonts option.
+ refactor xtermLoadFont to make it clearer how some fonts are
derived from others, e.g., bold, wide.
+ make the triggering and suppressing of font-warnings more
consistent by storing the last state in the widget.
+ reduce font-warnings by checking for repeated warnings.
* add vttests/query-status.pl
* add vttests/closest-rgb
* add special case for displaying soft-hyphen if it happens to fall
at the right margin, and omitting similar case such as the BIDI
markers, where a zero-width character is neither a control
character nor a combining character (Debian #844325).
* modify logic for OSC 52, manipulate selection data, to update the
selection-time to include the latest X events. This fixes some
cases where the selection was invalid, e.g., after an event due to
focus-follows-mouse (report/testcase by Stephane Chauveau).
* revise macro CastMallocN as new macro TextAlloc to make explicit
use of sizeof(char) (prompted by patch by Cade Foster).
* add “Mouse Ops” menu entry and related resources to allow runtime
disabling/enabling of the mouse protocol escape sequences
(discussion with Bob Proulx).
* improve discussion of mouse actions versus protocol in the manual
(discussion with Bob Proulx).
* improve discussion of environment variables in the manual, pointing
out where some features (such as termcap and the System5 COLUMNS
and LINES variables) are used rarely, mainly to support legacy
* add examples of translations resource for select/paste, and for
font-size changes to the manual.
* minor reordering of some entries in ctlseqs.ms for consistency
(report by Arran Ubels).
* add -s option to 256colors2.pl and 88colors2.pl, to demonstrate
modifying the “system” colors 0–15.
* omit XFT_SPACING property from call to XftPatternBuild, to work
around a bug in fontconfig for handling Google Go fonts, whose
names sort in an order not expected by fontconfig, causing the
request for a monospaced font to return italics, e.g.,
$ fc-match 'Go Mono:spacing=monospace'
Go-Mono-Italic.ttf: "Go Mono" "Italic"
(report by Giacomo Boffi on Stackoverflow).
* modify minstall.in to improve a workaround added to the manual page
in patch #182 to avoid having the C preprocessor used in the imake
configuration strip out the comments in the character classes
section (reports by Ted Unangst, Anthony J Bentley).
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the xorg