help with Xorg (Adam Jackson)

walter harms wharms at bfs.de
Wed Aug 2 18:23:22 UTC 2017

Basicly you need a .xinitrc that starts what you want.
normally you have a programm called xinit that does everything.

So far i understand you have a restricted environment but a working xterm.
xterm is good, now you can try to start a windowmanager like "twm" in xterm.

That will enable you to move to window around.

The next step is to create you own .xinitrc and run it.

See "man xinit" how to continue.

re,
 wh