Huge mouse-click delay

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmx.de
Tue Sep 20 12:03:17 UTC 2016

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:34:18AM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
>Hello,
>
>for a few days now, I'm experiencing (sometimes multi-second!)
>delays between mouse click and reaction on my laptop. It's running:
>
> xev reports the events ASAP, so the delay is at a later stage.
In the clients event handling.
=> Which clients in particular? All? Only gtk? Only Qt?
Is xterm affected?

Does "export GDK_CORE_DEVICE_EVENTS=1" help anything on the matter
(notice that exports affect only the shell, ie. you need to start the
client from the same terminal, not the desktop shell)

Cheers,
Thomas