Huge mouse-click delay

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Tue Sep 20 08:34:18 UTC 2016

Hello,

for a few days now, I'm experiencing (sometimes multi-second!)
delays between mouse click and reaction on my laptop. It's running:

  X.org 7.7+16 (Debian sid)
  Intel graphics driver 2:2.99.917+git20160706
  evdev 2.10.2

I've already rebooted, but the problem stayed. I am a bit at a loss
getting to the root of this. xev reports the events ASAP, so the
delay is at a later stage.

Do you have any tips on what I could try to zone in on this problem?
It's really quite annoying to have to wait 1–2 seconds between
pressing down the mouse and seeing a result dragging it e.g. to
select text.

Thanks,

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/