raspian, jessie full install on a raspi 3b, mouse in heavy syrup.

Eric Gunther egunther at warwick.net
Wed Nov 30 11:38:36 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 00:52 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> I've no clue if any of you are familar with raspian, built for the
> armhf
> SBC's..
>
> I just installed it, and I am pleasantly surprised, it does almost
> everything well, except:
>
> When the mouse is moved, there is a huge lag, taking a fat second to
> move
> the pointer to the new location, like there is a low pass filter in
> the
> data path between the mouses data coming into the usb port, and where
> its fed into X. There is a tuning utility for kbd and rodent, and it
> does seem to have some slight effect on how it moves but the extremes
> of
> the two sliders have no effect on this moving in cold molasses
> motion.
> Its very distracting, taking around 4 to 6 seconds to do something
> with
> the mouse, that I can do in a second or less on a Dell 6 feet away
> running a milling machine.
>
> Clues checked, url's read etc.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

I think you need to edit cmdline.txt.  I believe its in the boot
directory.  It will look like this:

dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0
console=ttyAMA0,115200
kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200
console=tty1
root=/dev/mmcblk0p2
rootfstype=ext4
elevator=deadline
rootwait
Some common options:

dwc_otg.speed=1
USB v1 speed
smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N
if the raspberrypi freezes after filling the log withe kevent dropped.
smsc95xx.macaddr=B8:27:EB:59:EB:25
it will override the default mac adress with the specified one.
dwc_otg.microframe_schedule=1
console=ttyAMA0,115200
usbhid.mousepoll=8
ip=192.168.0.10

Play with the usbhid.mousepoll=8 options.