raspian, jessie full install on a raspi 3b, mouse in heavy syrup.

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Nov 30 05:52:12 UTC 2016

Greetings all;

I've no clue if any of you are familar with raspian, built for the armhf
SBC's..

I just installed it, and I am pleasantly surprised, it does almost
everything well, except:

When the mouse is moved, there is a huge lag, taking a fat second to move
the pointer to the new location, like there is a low pass filter in the
data path between the mouses data coming into the usb port, and where
its fed into X. There is a tuning utility for kbd and rodent, and it
does seem to have some slight effect on how it moves but the extremes of
the two sliders have no effect on this moving in cold molasses motion.
Its very distracting, taking around 4 to 6 seconds to do something with
the mouse, that I can do in a second or less on a Dell 6 feet away
running a milling machine.

Clues checked, url's read etc.

Thanks all.

Cheers, Gene Heskett