Remote OpenGL -- getting it to work?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue May 31 13:38:19 UTC 2016

L. A. Walsh wrote:

> I have sometimes gotten some GLX programs to work for a short while,
> but more often than not, I don't get them to work at all.

The most likely reason for this is that the program needs a later
version of OpenGL than Cygwin's X server provides.

> I'm not sure where to look for how to configure it to be allowed,

No configuration is required.

> but on the client end, it doesn't seem to ever want to load swrast.

swrast isn't relevant for indirect rendering. The fact that libGL even
attempts to load it when $DISPLAY refers to a remote server is less
than desirable, but ultimately doesn't matter.