Missing letters after suspend

sam tygier samtygier at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 07:52:18 UTC 2016

On 28/03/16 07:28, martin f krafft wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure the following is an X.org issue, but I hope you'll let
> me start here.
>
> Please see attached screenshot. This is on a laptop and occurs
> occasionally after I bring the system back from suspend. Everything
> works just fine, except certain letters (it's always a different set
> it seems) are just not displaying.
>
> At first I thought this is limited to GTK apps (Firefox,
> Thunderbird, ssh-ask-pass, gscan2pdf), but I also see this with e.g.
> the Awesome window manager, which does not link with GTK.

I have also seen this, only twice, both in the past week or so. I suspend an resume 3 or 4 times per day, so this is fairly rare. I am on Thinkpad X230, with i7-3520M with Intel HD Graphics 4000.
Fedora 23 x86-64
Xorg 1.18.1-3.fc23
mesa 11.1.0-2.20151218.fc23
xorg-x11-drv-intel 2.99.917-19.20151206

Also:
https://twitter.com/mjg59/status/708549476076679168

> Have you encountered this before? What is going on? Which software
> is at fault?
>
> How can I fix this (without rebooting)?

Logging out and in again seemed to fix it.

Sam