X Render Extension w/o Cairo or DRM

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Aug 9 18:32:44 UTC 2016

On 08/ 9/16 11:17 AM, Michael Titke wrote:
> Is the X render extension still available as such without using Cairo and the
> (elsewhere internet enabled) drm?

Yes - cairo is an API that can be layered over X render, not a replacement
or requirement for it.

> ((sys-display xext-render) major-version) => 0
> ((sys-display xext-render) minor-version) => 0

I'm not familiar with whatever interface that is - try a simple
"xdpyinfo -ext RENDER" and look for a line in the output such as:

RENDER version 0.11 opcode: 145, base error: 149

If that's not there, then your server doesn't support it (either due to
something it's in code or in it's configuration).

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com